Features to look for in a home security camera in Houston
So many homeowners in Houston want to see what’s going on at home when they are not home This is the main reason why security cameras are one of the most effective components to consider as you design your home security system. Even though free-standing cameras will be beneficial when installed properly, they’re even more helpful when included into your property’s complete system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Houston? You’ll be happy to discover these critical devices include more features than earlier versions. You are able to see real-time feeds from inside cameras or warn those lurking about with incorporated security features from exterior cameras. And you can control your cameras easily in the same smart app.
Dynamic features enhance home security cameras in Houston
Loaded with features and easy-to-manage security cameras will raise your property’s defense to a different level. These crucial aspects of your home security system can be found with an incredible lineup of features like two-way audio, motion detection, and customizable zones. Explore the options available to you here.
- Built-in deterrents: Choose a surveillance camera that will take action automatically. If unusual activity is found by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid ring of red light will form next to the lens and a powerful alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision functionality provides well-defined views of your environs any time of day. Your cameras will even keep their crisp imaging as you zoom in on details.
- Cloud storage: Check for security cameras with recording and storage cloud options and the ability to access footage right from your mobile device app.
- Mobile app: Today’s surveillance systems in Houston are typically linked to a helpful smartphone app. You can view live footage or saved segments and even engage or disengage your alarms. The Vivint App will send an alert to your mobile device when the cameras are triggered.
- Motion sensors: Built-in motion sensors allows cameras to take notice if strange action is detected. You’ll also be alerted with an update on your phone.
- Converse with anyone at your door or loved ones: Would you like to contact your children once they get home from school? Do you have a delivery person at your main entry? The latest home security cameras, including the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, allow convenient 2-way audio so you may converse with the people within range of your camera.
- Greater viewing angles: Generally speaking, your exterior surveillance should offer no less than a 120° view. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This feature provides the opportunity to program the precise area you wish your camera to supervise. This is important to optimize what you watch as you wouldn’t require updates every time a car travels by in front of your house.
Customize your own Vivint smart home system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Houston. The only thing left to do is to put everything together in a robust Vivint smart home. Dial (713) 597-3506 to start or submit the form below to contact our security professionals.