What should you do if your Houston home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you might encounter, like theft, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Despite the fact that your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Houston home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often startling, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay calm and adhere to these easy guidelines.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Houston Sounds
You never want to be in this dilemma, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system originally. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. What is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the most effective way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency on your own instead allow your monitoring staff and first responders to carry out their job.
- Attend to your loved ones. Your main focus should be your family and leading them out of danger. If you are dealing with a burglary, this might mean proceeding to an appointed safe zone as far from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra careful. If there’s fumes or flames, please exit your house right away.
- Grab your smartphone. Most people keep their phones with them constantly these days, but you may neglect to pick it up during a crisis. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and receive alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Houston goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will instantly act. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The procedure they follow is based on the type of emergency. For example, if the emergency is is for medical reasons, one attempt will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is deployed. If you have a burglary alarm - the most common type of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the command hub. You will generally be required to supply a passcode.
- If that doesn’t result in a reply, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, nearby police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a position to converse with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be deployed even when you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Houston
Stay ready for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Houston from Vivint. Contact (713) 597-3506 to start designing your home’s security today.