Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Houston smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Houston home’s automation and security. See how it will help you and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Houston benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review real-time or saved video streams from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Houston by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Houston
Although various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, choose phone or email and enter the information to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Houston smart home. Call (713) 597-3506 to get started.