Daily deliveries have become routine for countless homeowners thanks to the rise of online shopping. You enjoy the benefit of having items left at your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a serious concern, but you can take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are great tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they give you a lot more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an essential aspect of your smart home.
Benefits of a Houston video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide a range of innovative features, and the technology continues to progress. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, speak to people on your porch, and get real-time updates whenever a package is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Houston video doorbell camera works is to look at the many perks it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You can’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear streams any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will give you incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to enjoy automatic alerts from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and packages.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Bi-directional audio gives you the chance to inquire about why they’re there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will let you minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to see real-time and saved video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you can engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.